miércoles, 21 de marzo de 2007

Love stories
Axel J. Barradas


One day in June –Friday- a discussion was taking place in an apartment. She had a discussion with someone; someone who was very special to her. A good-looking man; he was the owner of her gentle heart. And things didn’t turn out exactly as she had expected…

She was staring at the wall with arms crossed, mouth twisted. One of her feet was moving hastily over and over again. She was blond or maybe brunette…hard to tell. She had a striking figure and sensual long legs; beautiful pink lips, green eyes and an explosive temperament. She was a smart girl, but quite naive. Her name was Laura and she was in love.

-Should I leave now? -he asked politely.

-Yes! –she answered in a rude manner.

-But at least tell me why.

-You know why! You’ve let me down once again. I’m very mad at you, and I don’t believe it’s something that will go away as fast as you, leaving me every time you’ve ‘had enough’ of me- she was trembling.

-Come on babe, don’t be ridiculous- he came closer to take her into his arms. But she refused instantly.

-I am not. I’m not being ridiculous! I’m telling you. This is over. I knew it would happen… I just knew it when I saw your silly face trying to convince me that you weren’t silly at all –she told him.

-You’re not making any sense… -Trevor said, trying to calm her down.

-It’s always the same with you… All the time you hear only what you want to and everything else is discarded from your selfish little world.

-Laura... Come on babe… Don’t say that. You’re just angry, but I know you don’t mean any of those things- he said as she approached the kitchen trying not to hear, trying not to be affected by every word he said.

-Trevor, I’m asking you gently to get out of my apartment. And I don’t want to repeat it again. I have many things to think about.

-But babe…

-Out!

-I…

-OUT! -she yelled while pointing at the door.

He blinked rapidly and he appeared to be a little nervous and surprised. It looked as though he couldn’t handle an irritated female. But then again, appearances may be deceitful. He walked straight to the door, and when he was finally just one step away from it, he turned and he spoke in a lovely charming voice.

-I’ll come back tomorrow when you’ve calmed down. I love you. You should never have a doubt about it. -he didn’t wait for any answer. He just went out and walked smoothly out of the building. He had no worries. No worries at all.

Laura stayed in shock. When her rage was finally gone, a feeling of incomprehensible loneliness overwhelmed her and filled her room from every corner. Her apartment was starving for love; every little thing reminded her of him. It was always him. But he was gone. He was gone again. Maybe this would be forever, maybe this time he wouldn’t come back, she thought. But she was probably mistaken. She wasn’t strong enough to let him go.

Trevor was a handsome man; however he wasn’t exactly a gentleman. He was fairly charming, with a relative good taste. He had a very sweet and tender voice; his dark hair beautifully matched his light brown eyes. And the most important of his characteristics was the fact that he was a libertine. He didn’t gamble nor practice any kind of vicious activity though. But his greatest passions were women and the art of deceiving them. He played with every woman he could touch or become involved with. And getting involved with women was somewhat an easy task for him.

Laura had fallen for him. Like so many others had. She didn’t even know who he really was, that he was just playing around with her. A waste was she. And he was a waste too. But he enjoyed being that, and he could destroy a woman’s heart as flawlessly as a skillful painter is able to make an oil painting.

So eventually she did call him. “She was so sorry”… He knew she would be. “He understood”. And she was happy again; pleased to have the man she loved once more. She had a second chance. She was just a mouse trapped in an impossible labyrinth, and she didn’t even know that she was slowly forging her own doom.

She was there for him. But he wasn’t there for her, he was somewhere else. And he wouldn’t ever be truly by her side. What a pity. That’s what love’s about. To love is to feel, to cry, to let your soul take you high and low in a world unknown to you. To give up to yourselves, to let destiny take over, to let it walk a few steps… Love may be deceitful, love may be there, but then again it may not. And it probably won’t. Love slowly fades…

-I love you- he whispered softly in her ear, with a look so lovable it would melt a thousand hearts. There were no feelings involved, though. For him, those were just words. Just a game he liked to play.

-I… I love you too. I love you so much my dear- she answered quickly, finishing her phrase with a kiss on his lips followed by a powerful shiver.

1 comentario:

Luvi dijo...

Cambiaste el final, le late un tanto más...creo que este final rescata un poco el párrafo "reflexivo"
De todas maneras me gustan más otros que has escrito.